Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's too small

Yesterday was the girl's first day of school after a month long holiday. I mostly prepared Rena's stuff because she had more things to bring and prepare. Dea's one can be sorted on the school day as her stuff is only water bottle and uniform.

Pretty and ready, her hair tied, her uniform ironed, it's time to go down and wait for the school bus. That's when Dea suddenly shout: It's too small.... my toes cannot move.....
I rushed to her side and saw her unhappy face looking at her shoes. Oh no, this never happened before.

I checked her toes and sure enough they reached the end of the shoes. "Okay, let's try your other shoes," I said. Inside, I knew the other shoes was smaller because she complained the last time she wore them. I did not buy a new one because she wore them only on Friday. It's her 'sport' shoes. It's no surprise when she said that the sport shoe was even more tighter.

No option, I asked Dea to wear her scool shoes just for one day and I will buy her a new one right after. Luckily I found the exact model in the market, one size bigger. Today Dea went to school with her new shoes.

So... for next year... preparation for school should include checking whether the shoes still fit.. well.. we learn new thing each day and each year... right...

No comments:

Post a Comment