Monday, March 16, 2009

Crocs

If you think I'm going to talk about Crocs the famous footwear, you are wrong. I'm going to write about the real crocs..

Last week we went to Carrefour to buy a tent (and did not manage to get one). As we browsed the supermarket, my mom saw this lady that was cooking something for promotion. Turned out she was cooking crocodile meat. My mother, she is a curious person. Combined with my husband, they are a "let's go try it" team. So, there they were, buying a packet of crocodile meat.

I consider myself a 'kind' person. I am not a vegan, but I draw my line in what animal that I eat. Once, my uncle gave us dog food. That is a cooked dog, not something for the dog. We returned it at once. Then, another time, my husband bought some deer meat. I did not want even to try. In the end, he also did not finish it because I kept giving him 'the face'. This time, I also will not touch that crocs meat. In touching, I literally mean it. No touching, no cleaning, no eating.

My mom cooked the crocs last weekend with a packet of herbs as the lady told them. He and she said it turned out ok. "why don't you try it?. It tastes just like ox tail", my husband said. I just nod my head and left.

I always say that humans are the worst predator of all. We eat everything. Those that swim, fly, walk, slither... in the show my mom watched, they ate kangaroo.. this is a cooking show I told you about last time, not some people stranded somewhere so that thay had to kill and cook the kangaroo unless they would not survive.

There you go.. my story about crocs.. maybe now bred in farms to be the next meat source for us humans. In the end, we are not the one scared of the crocs.. it's the crocs that are scared of us...

By the way... the crocs meat is expensive...

No comments:

Post a Comment