Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sleep action

The last two nights, the girls were having sleepovers in my room. As usual, Rena slept on the floor (with a matress of course) while Dea slept with me on the bed.

After they slept, I read my book. It's 'me-time'. Then, I heard a 'na-na-na-na' sound. Turned out it was Rena singing ( or na-na-na-ing ) in her sleep. It lasted after a sentence I guess, since I got no idea what she was singing. I smiled to myself. She must be happy enough to sing in her sleep. Not long after that, it was Dea's turn. She chattered a whole sentence while kept on sleeping. Well, this one looked like she was complaining. Very interesting actually. Both of them just laughed when I told them what they did the previous night. Rena kept on asking me what was she singing. Of course I did not remember.

Well, sleep talking and sleep singing are considered normal for them. Those are not their best actions. I forget what year it was, but Rena actually did jumping in her sleep. Yes, jumping. She was taking a nap when suddenly she just stood on the bed and then starting jumping on the spot. That was the first time in my life I actually saw somebody doing 'sleep-something'. I heard of sleep walking but I never heard of sleep jumping. While holding my laughter, I managed to stop her from jumping and put her back to sleeping position. Amazingly, she continued sleeping.

The second funny action is sleep plucking. Well, this is certainly not a correct term, but I'll use it anyway. Sleep plucking is the action of plucking flowers on the bed. In detail, first you sit then you start plucking the bedsheet randomly as if you are plucking flower or leaf or whatever it is from the ground. Now, this sleep plucking did not happen once. It happened several times, and both my girls did it. BOTH. And the best part was, when the bedsheet was having flower pattern (which was quite often then), they pluck exactly at the flower and in several different places. Imagine that for a scene.

Now as they are getting bigger, those funny moments are no more. Instead, they chattered and sang in their sleep but I am not complaining. I just cannot imagine how to settle a 28 kg girl jumping on the bed while sleeping or plucking the bedsheet. Better they sleep-something the 'normal' way.

3 comments:

  1. Sleep plucking?? That must have been so hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm... sleeping ritual is always interesting to be treasured... you are right to write it, it is precious and someday your daughters will thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Feb: it was hilarious.. and still have no idea why both of them did it exactly the same
    @ Trinity : thanks.. so no funny sleep something story from you?

    ReplyDelete